Despite it’s tepid performance at the box office, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones producers have decided to move forward with the sequel, City of Ashes. The second film had originally been put on hold, and fans were unsure if we’d ever see it in the theater. Executive producer Martin Moskowicz had this to say on bringing the sequel to the big screen:
“The fan response, from the blogosphere and the thousands of mails we have received, has encouraged us to keep going,” Moszkowicz told The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s been overwhelmingly positive, in contrast to some other YA titles.”
“We are analyzing what we did wrong with the first film — particularly with the positioning and marketing — and what changes we have to make. We are working with a great group of people to reposition the franchise [for City of Ashes].”
Moszkowicz suggested one reason for City of Bones’ misfire may have been a marketing campaign that was too narrowly focused on teenage fans, to the detriment of Clare’s 20- and 30-something readers.
“The readers of Mortal Instruments are older than you might think,” he said. “That may have been one issue in our marketing, that we focused too much on a very young audience segment.”
Source: THR | Photo: Teen.com
It never even saw the light of production, heard ‘cut’ yelled across set, or heard a scream in a sound stage. The follow up movie to The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, has been shut down before it even started production. Due to low numbers from the first film, Sony has decided to ‘delay’ production of City of Ashes…indefinitely.
We here at justjmac are indefinitely saddened by this delay. Besides one or two slightly corny bits it was a quite pleasant movie to watch. Now, I don’t know if one could follow it if they hadn’t read the books but still… they should just go ahead and make it for our sake.
We are SO excited to see The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones film adaptation. The new trailer is a bit longer and leaves us counting down the days until August (and also feeling kind of sad for Simon!)
Also, can we talk about how I totally don’t mind Lilly Collins big eyebrows? Like… sure, they’re big but at least they are manicured. Some people just have the bone structure to pull it off. Imagine her with out those eyebrows…she might look funny.
Tomorrow we get the frist “sneak peek” at Cassandra Clare’s movie Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Sadly, we have to wait until August 23rd to actually see the movie. *sigh* The first look at Lily Collins portraying Clary Fray (the heroine of our beloved novels) was released this morning by EW. What do you guys think? Is she what you pictured? Click on the link to follow it back to the source and read the full article over at EW.
As you may know, we here at justjmac are slightly…maybe…Ok we’re really excited for the upcoming book-to-movie The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.
We also really love the only good thing MTV has going for them, the journalist (and professional badass nerd) Joshua Horowitz (@JoshuaHorowitz).
Josh recently visited the set of TMI: City of Bones and it’s like a mixture of awesomeness.
To watch the set visit click on the picture below:
Last Thursday (September 6), the cast of City of Bones came together for a offical photo call. Pictured above from left to right are Robert Sheehan (Simon), Jamie Campbell Bower (Jace), Lily Collins (Clary), Kevin Zegers (Alec) and Jemima West (Isabelle). So, the underlying question is:
What do you think? Is this the league of shadow hunters you expected?
As a group, I’m impressed with casting and I’m excited as to what becomes of one of my favorite book series.
- Robert Sheehan owns up to what I pictured as Simon, tall, skinny, the fro… 😉 All in all, no issue with this casting. Can’t wait to see what he looks like later on in the series.
- Jamie Campbell Bower (JCB) Alright. I know A LOT of you are very upset with him. The excuses range from, “He looks nothing like Jace”, “He’s not buff enough”, “Jace is supposed to be hot” ect.. Let’s take a good hard look at him, shall we? He has buffed up immensely since casting. Jace’s character is supposed to be swoon worthy hot, and JCB is not as hot as the fan’s dream of Alex Pettyfer, but JCB fits the age. Jace is supposed to be a smart-alec. I can see Jamie taking full advantage of that. As for looking like Jace, go back and re-read, he looks exactly what Jace should look like.
“Jace is known for and has a strong title for his good looks. He is described as having fine, curly, golden blond hair and eyes that look gold in the light with long eyelashes. He has a slim, muscular build and is about 5’11” in height. His face is often described as being beautiful, sexy, gorgeous and angular and Clary often refers to him as beautiful and leonine, with a narrow mouth.”
- Lily Collins,(Clary) I don’t have one bad word for her. She is delicate, soft, beautiful, and I’m sure they can make her a bad-as* along with the rest of them. She has the fair skin, the red hair, and the slender body. You go Glen CoCo.
- Kevin Zegers,(Alec) alright, I’m not fond of this casting. BUT he will do brooding very well. I remember this gentlemen from Air Bud, and this could be my issue, but he has been in several Law and Orders, and has played a psyco and a drug dealer in Gossip Girl. We’ll see how he does as a gay, angsty shadow hunter. He also has a large head, but now I’m just being mean.
- Jemima West, as for her fellow castmates, I have yet to see her in anything. But she looks like Izzy. My hopes are high for this young lady.
I’m super-duper excited for this movie! I pray they do it justice!
Tentative release date: August 23, 2013
Source: The Shadowhunters Wiki , MTV
..hello The Mortal Instruments infatuation?
It seems that Bonnie Wright(Harry Potter) and Jamie Campbell Bower(Camelot, Twilight) have ended their engagement. The couple met on the set of Harry Potter in 2010.
Bee tee dubs, JCB is looking mighty dapper in the photo above.
I did adore this pairing. They were so obviously british, so cutely hipster and in love. This makes for one sad Jmac.
JCB and his soon-to-be co-star Lilly Collins( Mirror, Mirror) were spotted in Toronto a few days ago holding hands. Could it be two friends or a new fling?
Who knows BUT they were again spotted holding hands earlier today. (He likes redheads, huh? Maybe I have a shot? Auburn counts…)
Don’t think that I wouldn’t notice the repeat pants, JCB.
I am just thoroughly excited that The Mortal Instruments – City of Bones begins filming soon. Today, we got more casting news. It seems that Robert Sheehan has been cast as Simon Lewis, best friend of Clary Fray the series heroin.
Sheehan is best known for his work on the popular british show, Misfits.
photo source/ source/source/source